Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Reynolds <ji...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/29 23:21:49 UTC

Validator without Struts

Hello,

I have the need to do some form validations, but the site in question
is not running Struts, nor WW or any framework. :-(

It is an older site and I have been commissioned to do some validtion
within it. I was hoping that the Validator that comes with Struts may
be able to work as a stand-alone entity.

I am having trouble finding info on the validator that is not linked
directly with struts. Is this info available, and if so where?

Thanks

Re: Validator without Struts

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On 11/29/06, Jim Reynolds <ji...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the need to do some form validations, but the site in question
> is not running Struts, nor WW or any framework. :-(
>
> It is an older site and I have been commissioned to do some validtion
> within it. I was hoping that the Validator that comes with Struts may
> be able to work as a stand-alone entity.
>
> I am having trouble finding info on the validator that is not linked
> directly with struts. Is this info available, and if so where?

You can use Validator outside Struts, although I haven't actually used
the "framework" side of validator in that way. If it was just
"validation routines" you wanted, rather than the framework side then
Commons Validator has this:
    http://tinyurl.com/eahub

If you want to use the framework side then theres info here:
   http://tinyurl.com/ymrjy2
   http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Validator

Theres also an example in the source distro, but you'll have to use
ant to build it yourself
   http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/ValidatorStandalone

Also its worth taking a look at the validator tests (in the source
distro) as they pretty much do "standalone validator".

Niall

RE: VALIDATION

Posted by Juan Espinosa <pc...@adinet.com.uy>.
I want to know if could use validation in this way, telling
validation to be used only in the medthod registercustomer and the
results for this method

validationOk - result  registrationView validationFail - result
registrationEnd

I dont want to use the methods input and success, also in this
action im using the interceptor Modeldriven the get the customer The
customer is created upon a session parameter, if parameter is
personal i create a Personal customer, if the parameter is
enterprise i create a EnterpriseCustomer, both extends Customer class.

This parameter class is loaded by another action SelectCustomer,
that based in a pair of radio buttons load the parameter in the session.

I had all working but i cant do the validation work

Please help me !!!!!

Regards
                Juan

RE: VALIDATION

Posted by Juan Espinosa <pc...@adinet.com.uy>.
In struts 2 if i have validation enabled an i call an action
Customer!registerCustomer.action, te validation get executed, and if its
fails what results uses, and if the validation pass....what it
does...execute the action called maybe...

Posted by Ed Griebel <ed...@gmail.com>.

RE: VALIDATION

Posted by Juan Espinosa <pc...@adinet.com.uy>.

Re: VALIDATION

Posted by Ed Griebel <ed...@gmail.com>.

VALIDATION

Posted by "Saeed, Rada" <ra...@eds.com>.
U can use the nn-validation.js, have a look :
http://www.siteexperts.com/tips/functions/ts21/page10.asp