Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Lucas Galfaso <lg...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/20 18:39:30 UTC

OSGi TCK

Hi all,
  I am still working on getting Felix into Eclipse plugin projects so
developers that work with Eclipse to develop OSGi bundles would feel
at home, I have close to every bundle working with Felix as an
extension point (one exception is the system bundle and I am not sure
if this is possible to be developed as an Eclipse plugin.)
  What I would like to do next, is to integrate the TCK, but there are
some things maybe some of you might be able to answer
  .) Did Apache lisenced the OSGi TCK?
  .) There is an easy way to distribute this TCK?

Regards,
  Lucas

Re: OSGi TCK

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
On 22/11/2007, Lucas Galfaso <lg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > I have close to every bundle working with Felix as an
> > > extension point (one exception is the system bundle and I am not sure
> > > if this is possible to be developed as an Eclipse plugin.)
> > >

> > The system bundle is not really a bundle at all, it is the framework
> itself.
>
> Sorry if I was not clear, I am not trying to build a bundle out of the
> system bundle, I want to trick Eclipse into believing it is one so
> some actions (like generating the .jar files that are done
> automatically by the Eclipse extension point) is done automatically
> when you are debugging.
>
> > >   What I would like to do next, is to integrate the TCK, but there are
> > > some things maybe some of you might be able to answer
> > >   .) Did Apache lisenced the OSGi TCK?
> > >   .) There is an easy way to distribute this TCK?
> > >

> > The OSGi Alliance has defined some policy for allowing access to the TCK
> > to open source projects, but this still needs to be implemented for
> > Apache and Felix (i.e., there is some administrative work that needs to
> > be done, which I tried to start at one time but lost motivation). I need
> > to follow up on this. However, it will not provide for a way to
> > redistribute the TCK.
>

> I am sorry that you lost motivation on licensing the TCK, it would be
> great to know how Felix is performing over the standard test :-(

well, there are some TCK results here:

   http://felix.apache.org/site/felix-osgi-tck-results.html

but they are from last year...

My second option was having something like Cruse Control implemented

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: OSGi TCK

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On Nov 22, 2007, at 4:47 , Lucas Galfaso wrote:

> My second option was having something like Cruse Control implemented
> where the test are performed automaticaly (say) every day on trunk,
> but now I see that this would be close to impossible.

We have Bamboo doing continuous builds for Felix, which you can find
here:

http://opensource.bamboo.atlassian.com/browse/FELIX-DEF

Those builds run all tests in the project.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: OSGi TCK

Posted by Lucas Galfaso <lg...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: OSGi TCK

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Re: OSGi TCK

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Lucas,

On Nov 20, 2007, at 18:39 , Lucas Galfaso wrote:

>  .) Did Apache lisenced the OSGi TCK?

No, they did not. We're still hoping one day they will! :)

>  .) There is an easy way to distribute this TCK?

No.

As far as I know, there are a couple of committers on Apache Felix
that have access to the TCK through their company or otherwise.
Richard runs Felix against the TCK (he is an invited researcher) but
we cannot officially claim we pass it.

Greetings, Marcel