Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Motty <mo...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/09 19:45:21 UTC

[users@httpd] setfib: NO: invalid FIB (max 0) FreeBSD 9.3 64bit

Hello,
I get the following error when starting Apache22

root@!:~ # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 start
Performing sanity check on apache22 configuration:
Syntax OK
Starting apache22.
setfib: NO: invalid FIB (max 0)
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22: WARNING: failed to start apache22

adding this line in /etc/rc.conf got apache22 to start, however, I would
like to know
what is the fix:
#apache22_fib=0

Thanks,
motty

Re: [users@httpd] setfib: NO: invalid FIB (max 0) FreeBSD 9.3 64bit

Posted by Motty <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all,
I set $apache22_fib = 0 in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22

now error is gone!.

Thanks,
Celso

Posted by Wim Lewis <wi...@omnigroup.com>.

Posted by Kurtis Rader <kr...@skepticism.us>.
On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Motty <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I get the following error when starting Apache22
>
> root@!:~ # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 start
> Performing sanity check on apache22 configuration:
> Syntax OK
> Starting apache22.
> setfib: NO: invalid FIB (max 0)
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22: WARNING: failed to start apache22
>
> adding this line in /etc/rc.conf got apache22 to start, however, I would
> like to know
> what is the fix:
> #apache22_fib=0

That's not an Apache HTTPD config option. Googling for "setfib invalid fib"
yields a bunch of results that suggest your running apache on FreeBSD.
Further, the setfib command runs a program with a specific routing table.
Presumably this has something to do with IP firewalls on FreeBSD. So asking
this question on a FreeBSD mailing list or forum is more likely to get you
a useful answer.

--
Kurtis Rader