Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> on 2008/02/16 17:12:12 UTC

Rename cocoon:rcl to cocoon:wrap-block

After having seen quite a few people wonder what 'cocoon:rcl' means, I propose
to change it to some better name.

The general idea is that this Maven goal creates a web application which wraps
the block and makes it runable as a 'normal' web application in a web container.
Additionally it enables the usage of the reloading classloader (commons-jci)
which made me name it 'cocoon:rcl'.

I propose to use 'cocoon:wrap-block' instead. Though it's longer I think it's
closer to the actual meaning and hence less confusing. If we want to keep the
name short, we could even add a shortcut 'cocoon:wb'.

WDOT? Other proposals?

Re: Rename cocoon:rcl to cocoon:wrap-block

Posted by Rainer Pruy <Ra...@Acrys.COM>.
Then....

cocoon:prepare

or (more verbose)

cocoon:prepare-run

does sound appropriate....

Posted by Jason Johnston <jj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz schrieb:

> After having seen quite a few people wonder what 'cocoon:rcl' means, I
> propose to change it to some better name.
>
> The general idea is that this Maven goal creates a web application
> which wraps the block and makes it runable as a 'normal' web
> application in a web container. Additionally it enables the usage of
> the reloading classloader (commons-jci) which made me name it
> 'cocoon:rcl'.
>
> I propose to use 'cocoon:wrap-block' instead. Though it's longer I
> think it's closer to the actual meaning and hence less confusing. If
> we want to keep the name short, we could even add a shortcut 'cocoon:wb'.
>
> WDOT? Other proposals?

cocoon:run

My 2 cents
Felix

Re: Rename cocoon:rcl to cocoon:wrap-block

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> cocoon:loader

For me the best suggestion so far. But what do native speaker feel when they
read/enter this? Does it sound natural?

Think that you usually enter

mvn cocoon:loader jetty:run

when you want to run a block.

Re: Rename cocoon:rcl to cocoon:wrap-block

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 08:16 -0500, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> On Feb 16, 2008, at 11:44 AM, Torsten Curdt wrote:
>
> > On 16.02.2008, at 17:12, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> >
> >> After having seen quite a few people wonder what 'cocoon:rcl'
> >> means, I propose to change it to some better name.
> >>
> >> The general idea is that this Maven goal creates a web application
> >> which wraps the block and makes it runable as a 'normal' web
> >> application in a web container. Additionally it enables the usage
> >> of the reloading classloader (commons-jci) which made me name it
> >> 'cocoon:rcl'.
> >>
> >> I propose to use 'cocoon:wrap-block' instead. Though it's longer I
> >> think it's closer to the actual meaning and hence less confusing.
> >> If we want to keep the name short, we could even add a shortcut
> >> 'cocoon:wb'.
> >
> > "wrap-block" ??? Hm ...I cannot really see how that is much better -
> > sorry ;)
> >
> > What about "cocoon:webapp-loader"
>
> cocoon:reloader (shorter), or cocoon:webapp-reloader (more descriptive)

cocoon:loader

salu2

Re: Rename cocoon:rcl to cocoon:wrap-block

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Reinhard Poetz pisze:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>> Maybe even shorter and c-64 style: ;)
>>
>> mvn cocoon:load jetty:run
>
> after reading all the mails again, here are my two favorits:
>
> mvn cocoon:load jetty:run
> mvn cocoon:prepare jetty:run
>
> WDOT?

+1 for cocoon:prepare provided it helps people...

Grzegorz

Re: Rename cocoon:rcl to cocoon:wrap-block

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 20.02.2008 12:47, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>> mvn cocoon:load jetty:run
>
> after reading all the mails again, here are my two favorits:
>
> mvn cocoon:load jetty:run
> mvn cocoon:prepare jetty:run

Considering your explanation [1] I slightly prefer cocoon:prepare.

Joerg

[1] http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=120351863516460&w=4

Re: Rename cocoon:rcl to cocoon:wrap-block

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
On 20.02.2008, at 15:50, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> On Feb 16, 2008, at 11:44 AM, Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>> What about "cocoon:webapp-loader"
>> cocoon:reloader (shorter), or cocoon:webapp-reloader (more
>> descriptive)
>
> That this goal supports the usage of a reloading classloader is
> just a feature but (at least in trunk) configureable. Hence I'm not
> that enthusiastic about loader or reloader.
>
> ... or am I too picky?

No ...I was thinking the same :) ...which is why I would think
'cocoon:loader' (not reloader) would be OK. On the other hand this
looks quite consistent:

  mvn cocoon:run jetty:run

It might be technically not really correct but looks nice and
straight forward. Think users might like that.

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: Rename cocoon:rcl to cocoon:wrap-block

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
On Feb 16, 2008, at 11:44 AM, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> On 16.02.2008, at 17:12, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> After having seen quite a few people wonder what 'cocoon:rcl'
>> means, I propose to change it to some better name.
>>
>> The general idea is that this Maven goal creates a web application
>> which wraps the block and makes it runable as a 'normal' web
>> application in a web container. Additionally it enables the usage
>> of the reloading classloader (commons-jci) which made me name it
>> 'cocoon:rcl'.
>>
>> I propose to use 'cocoon:wrap-block' instead. Though it's longer I
>> think it's closer to the actual meaning and hence less confusing.
>> If we want to keep the name short, we could even add a shortcut
>> 'cocoon:wb'.
>
> "wrap-block" ??? Hm ...I cannot really see how that is much better -
> sorry ;)
>
> What about "cocoon:webapp-loader"

cocoon:reloader (shorter), or cocoon:webapp-reloader (more descriptive)

Vadim

Re: Rename cocoon:rcl to cocoon:wrap-block

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.