Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Shao Ming <sh...@signetique.com> on 2002/08/19 10:03:34 UTC

IE client cookie handling problem [help!!]

Hi!

I have installed apache on win xp. A simple script of setting two
cookies is not working for IE.

The script is as follow:

    #!/usr/local/bin/perl
    require 5.003;
    use CGI::Cookie;
    my $cookie1 = new CGI::Cookie(-name=>'session',-value=>'Hello');
    my $cookie2 = new CGI::Cookie(-name=>'id',-value=>'World');

    print "Set-Cookie: ",$cookie1->as_string,"\n";
    print "Set-Cookie: ",$cookie2->as_string,"\n";

    print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

    print "Hello World";

The same script works okay for netscape clients - but not for IE.
However, If I run the same script off apache on linux - IE can detect
the cookies!

Can someone helps me with the above problem? I have tried a few
variation here and there but the problem simply just won't go away.

Pls. help.

Cheers!