Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Arkady Kasianski <Ar...@Amdocs.com> on 2004/06/03 18:23:15 UTC

Axis and Beehive initiative

BEA propose Beehive project as open-source project based on Workshop
Application Framework.  As I undestand it will part of Apache project
and will be released under Apache Lisence. Beehive contains along with
controls, java page flow and other component Java SOAP processor and
integrated metada-driven programming model for Web services.

How does this BEA initiative jeopardize Axis project ? Does anybody
compare these two implementaion ?
Once both open-sources under the same license why my organization should
use Axis or Beehive as web services foundation ?

Thanks

Thank you.

Re: Axis and Beehive initiative

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Arkady,

Please read the Proposal yourself -
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/BeehiveProposal

The only intersection is a JSR 181 Implementation and the Beehive
folks want to create a new implementation of JSR 181 that will work
with Axis.

-- dims