Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Max Stolyarov <MS...@licensetech.com> on 2006/03/30 17:17:53 UTC

Missing log methods?

Hello,

   I have purchased a Log4j manual and after reading it in its entirety,
discovered that a log4j implementation that I am using for my project is
missing some key logger methods, such as log.warn(), log.debug(),
log.error(), log.fatal(); I also don't see a corresponding log levels for
WARING, DEBUG, ERROR, and/or FATAL. What I do see are FINE, FINER, FINEST
log levels. Can someone please let me know if I am using a wrong
distribution, I downloaded log4j-1.2.13.jar, or if my setup if wrong? Thanks
in advance.

Max

Re: Missing log methods?

Posted by Javier Gonzalez <ja...@gmail.com>.
You are not using Log4j. You are using the built in logging implemented by
sun (java.util.logging.*).

Check your imports - you should find something like "import
org.apache.log4j.Logger", and not "import java.util.logging.Logger".

--
Javier González Nicolini