Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Seth Ladd <se...@brivo.net> on 2002/07/02 19:01:30 UTC

Empty Rows Using SQL Transformer

Hello,

I did some searching in the mailing list archives, but didn't find the
problem that I am experiencing (forgive me if I didn't phrase my search
right).

I am running:
Cocoon 2.x (nightly build on Jun 18)
Resin 2.0.2
Oracle 8.1.7
oracle thin drivers for 8.1.7 (classes12.zip)
JDK 1.3.1
Solaris 8

I am using the SQL transformer, which up to now has been performing
wonderfully.  I moved my WAR to a new (but identical as far as I can
tell) machine, and now my database results come back as empty, but I get
the right amount of rows back.

Example transformer:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
     xmlns:req="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/requestgenerator/2.0">
     <xsl:template match="/">
         <results>
             <execute-query xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
                 <query name="secevents">
SELECT count(*) c from security_event_log
                 </query>
             </execute-query>
         </results>
     </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

This doesn't report any errors, but returns this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:req="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/requestgenerator/2.0">
     <xsl:template match="/">
         <results>
         </results>
     </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

It also exhibits this behavior on larger queries.  This query was tested
in sqlplus.

Does anyone know why it wouldn't return the result?  The same exact
binaries work in our QA environment, so they've been seen to work (a
lot).  I think it must be a configuration issue.  But I'm not sure what
the error would be, since I don't see errors anywhere, and the result is
pretty close.

Any ideas, tips, or help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks very much!
Seth