Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephanie Zohner <st...@gmx.at> on 2003/12/10 16:22:44 UTC

Bug in session-fw logicsheet (?)

Hi,

I came accross the following problem recently, and I would like to know if
this is a bug in Session-Fw:

If you put a longer String in the session context e.g. authentication data
like
<data>
  <fullname>Stephanie Zohner</fullname>
</data>

and you try to retrieve it within an XSP-Page with

<xsp-session-fw:getxml as="string" context="authentication"
path="/authentication/data/fullname"/>

You don't get the whole String but only the first 6 chars or so, e.g.
"Stephan", the rest is ignored.

The reason is the attribute "as='string'", which causes the  Tag
<xsp-session-fw:getxml as="string" context="authentication"
path="/authentication/data/fullname"/> to be "transformed to"

XSPSessionFwHelper.getXML(this.manager,
                String.valueOf("authentication"),

String.valueOf("/authentication/data/name"))).getFirstChild().getNodeValue();

However, the String "Stephanie Zohner" is not in one single (child) node,
but in 3 nodes. So the first Child Node Value includes only the first of 3
parts of the string.

I guess that this is not wanted, isn't it?

Regards,

Stephanie

Fwd: Bug in session-fw logicsheet (?)