Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by B i g D o g <bi...@venticon.com> on 2002/08/15 17:35:55 UTC

File Handler Question

RedHat 7.3
Apache 1.3.26
Loaded Modules
mod_php4, mod_setenvif, mod_so, mod_unique_id, mod_usertrack, mod_headers,
mod_expires, mod_cern_meta, mod_proxy, mod_digest, mod_auth_dbm,
mod_auth_anon, mod_auth, mod_access, mod_rewrite, mod_alias, mod_userdir,
mod_speling, mod_actions, mod_imap, mod_asis, mod_cgi, mod_dir,
mod_autoindex, mod_include, mod_info, mod_status, mod_negotiation, mod_mime,
mod_mime_magic, mod_log_config, mod_env, mod_vhost_alias, mod_mmap_static,
http_core

Problem: About every 4-5 days apache stops running due to "too many file
handlers open".  I have no idea why this is happening.

I have increased the kernel file handlers size and I still get the same
errors.

What could be going wrong here?

Thanks,

.: B i g D o g :.