Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Sebastian Hauer <ha...@psicode.com> on 2003/05/16 14:24:44 UTC

StrictSSLProtocolSocketFactory

Hi httpclient developers,

I am new to this list and started using http client a few days ago
and I wanted to let you know that I am very pleased with it and its
simple yet flexible API, good job guys.

I would like to contribute some code I have written and I would
appreciate your comments on it.  You will find it in the attachment to
this mail.  It is a more stricter version of
SSLProtocolSocketFactory which will do host name verification after
it obtained an SSLSocket.  This mimics the behavior of Suns
HttpsConnection and should help to prevent man-in-the-middle
attacks.
I hope you will find this code useful and it will find its way into
your code base.

Regards,
Sebastian

Re: StrictSSLProtocolSocketFactory

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch>.
The class has been added to the '*.httpclient.contrib.ssl'. Many thanks,
Sebastian, for contributing it.

Cheers

Oleg

Posted by Sebastian Hauer <ha...@psicode.com>.