Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kalyan Inuganti <ki...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/04 00:23:07 UTC

Taglib Question - Not a Tomcat Issue

Hi,

I am creating a JSP which in turn calls my XXXTagHandler.java which
extends javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagSupport. I would like to access
the HttpServletRequest object that is in the JSP's scope in the
XXXTagHandler class. What is the best way of getting the
HttpServletRequest object?

Will ((HttpServletRequest)super.pageContext.getRequest()) do it?

--------------------
What I am trying to achieve:

The JSP Page passes a Role Name to the TagHandler. The TagHandler
needs to call the isUserInRole("abc"); method of HttpServletRequest
and return a true/false to the JSP.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kalyan

Re: Taglib Question - Not a Tomcat Issue

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Yes - it is safe to assume
((HttpServletRequest)super.pageContext.getRequest()) will work fine.

-Tim