Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Thiwanka Somasiri <as...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/01 06:53:28 UTC

Getting started to contribute to MyFaces

Hi,
      I am a newbie to the MyFaces project and I need to know from which
point I should start contributing to the project. Can anyone tell me what I
should do first?
thanks.

--

Regards

A.S.Thiwanka Somasiri

Skype : executionerwild
MSN   : thiwas@ymail.com
<th...@ymail.com>

Re: Getting started to contribute to MyFaces

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

There are several ways to contribute:
- On the mailinglists, participating in discussions and answering questions.
- By contributing bugfixes for issues in the Jira (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES), but this might be difficult,
since most "bugs" have specification implications or
other subtle consequences. Fixing one bug might cause other bugs. O.t.o.h.
it's a good way to get to know the codebase.
- By contributing new features, for example in CODI.
- By contributing documentation enhancements.

It all depends on where your interests are. I.e. do you like working on the
core or are you more into the extensions?

Regards,
Jan-Kees