Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by thomas Armstrong <ta...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/02 10:29:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Mess with symbolic links, directory owners and "403 Forbidden" error

Hi.

Using Apache 2.0.51, I've got a VirtualHost 'mydomain.com' mounted on:
'/var/www/mydomain/'

Within this directory, I've got another directory ('test'), and within it
one symbolic link:
/var/www/mydomain/test/images -> /var/www/mydomain/dir/common_images/
------

If I make 'images' owner be 'root.root' it works ok when accessing
'http://www.mydomain.com/test/images/foo.php', but if the owner is
'apache.apache' I get a '403 Forbidden error'. In both cases,
'foo.php' script's got execution permissions (also 'images'
directory).

How can I execute this script with 'apache.apache' owner? Thank you very much.

[users@httpd] Re: Mess with symbolic links, directory owners and "403 Forbidden" error

Posted by thomas Armstrong <ta...@gmail.com>.
Fixed.

I changed  /var/www/mydomain/dir/common_images/ owner to 'apache.apache' and
it works now.

Thank you very much, anyway :)