Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/10 01:43:21 UTC

Share your experiences with log4j.

I'd like to hear how you use log4j in your personal projects and work
projects. Like, which plugins do you use? How do you integrate them with a
larger system? Are you using it in a distributed computing environment?
Cloud hosting? Physical servers under your control? Inside a bunch of VMs?
Where do you store your logging data? How do you pass that data around?
JMS? Flume? Database connections? Are you using custom plugins?

This information will help me flesh out some more content for my upcoming
ApacheCon presentation on Log4j 2. I'd like to hear various use cases,
especially ones using the new, neat features in 2.0.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Share your experiences with log4j.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
thanks very much for your feedback. Will have a closer look at it and
send some feedback
once I have made some more progress on it.

Thanks

Michael

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
You should try the async plugin. It's really good at getting out of the way
performance wise. Also, what sort of custom plugin are you using?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Hi