Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Scott Zhang <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/09 05:41:18 UTC

About reading and writing Chinese Text into word2003 using POI library

Hello.
    I am using POI library to read/write text from word2003 files.
    I use
    range = document.getRange();
    system.out.println(range.text());

the Chinese character is output correctly.
   But when I try to insert the same text back.
    range.insertAfter(range.text());

I can only see mess code in output doc. How can I solve this?

Thanks.
Regards.
Scott

Re: About reading and writing Chinese Text into word2003 using POI library

Posted by Scott Zhang <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi. Sergey and all.
    It is interesting. I used the empty.doc from POI test-data and rebuild
the POI svn code again. Now the Chinese word are inserted into document
correctly.
    So it works. Although I'm not sure what it doesn't work some other way.
For the moment, only empty.doc can be used to generate correct doc file with
Chinese characters in.

Regards.
Scott

Posted by Scott Zhang <ma...@gmail.com>.
hello. All
> [...]

>> doc. Then save and open in office again. The 60 4f 7d 59 is correctly
>> displayed as "你好“.
>>
>> 2. When I use POI to insert text into word
>> range.insertAfter("hello,world");
>>
>> The binary code POI generated is
>> 68 65 6c 6c 6f
>> h   e   l   l    o
>> And if I use range.insertAfter("hello,world你好").  The "你好" was translate
>> to a code I can't figure out.
>> So I am using
>> range.insertAfter(new String("hello,world你好").getBytes("UTF-16LE"));
>> Good news is it is generate correctly in doc as
>> 68 00 65 00 6c 00 6c 00
>> The binary is same as expected. But office word display 'h' as a wide 'h'
>> and display "你好" as mess code.
>>
>> So what I am thinking is, as we have generated the correct binary
>> representation of character. There should be somewhere setting the default

>>> Regards.

Posted by Scott Zhang <ma...@gmail.com>.
I read the specification .

Posted by Scott Zhang <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi. Sergey and all.

Posted by Scott Zhang <ma...@gmail.com>.
hi. Sergey.

Posted by Sergey Vladimirov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Scott.

I've just fixed text editing issue in trunk. Please check using latest
code from SVN trunk or wait until tomorrow to test with beta4-20110810
:)

Best regards,
Sergey

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Scott Zhang <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. Sergey.
>
>  I download the latest jar file.
>
> poi-scratchpad-3.8-beta4-20110808.jar
> poi-3.8-beta4-20110808.jar
> poi-excelant-3.8-beta4-20110808.jar
>
> and replace with my existing jars.
>
> Now the read is still the correct. But the write,
> range.insertAfter("helloworld");
> even the English word can't be insert into doc file either. nothing was
> inserted into the document.
>
> Can you check this too?
>

> I don't link with
>
> poi-dependencies-<version>-<date>.jar
> because I see without it my compilation works fine too. Will it be the issue?
>

> Regards.
> Scott
>
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Scott Zhang <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sure.
>>
>> Doing
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Sergey Vladimirov <vl...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Could you try to do it using latest version of POI, available at
>>> http://encore.torchbox.com/poi-cvs-build/ ?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Sergey

>>> --
>>> Sergey Vladimirov

Sergey Vladimirov

Re: About reading and writing Chinese Text into word2003 using POI library

Posted by Scott Zhang <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi. Sergey.

Posted by Scott Zhang <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sure.