Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com> on 2013/12/04 07:38:13 UTC

[Rest API] Supporting Cartridge Definition Deployment Through Rest API

Hi Devs,

The current Rest API supports operations such as tenant management, listing
available cartridges, subscribing, unsubscribing, etc. But still the
cartridge definition deployment happens through the file system. In my view
it is better if we can do this through the Rest API as well. WDYT?

--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.
Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
+94 716 358 048* <http://wso2.com/>*

Re: [Rest API] Supporting Cartridge Definition Deployment Through Rest API

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.
On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Partition, deployment policies, auto scaler policy deployments are also
> thought to be fallow the same way I guess.

+1

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Kishanthan Thangarajah <ks...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.
On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> +1 for the Rest API support for cartridge deployment. Since we can
>>> deploy using the Rest API, are we going to get rid of the file based hot
>>> deployment of the cartridges?
>>>
>> In my opinion we should provide deployment through the Rest API only. So
>> ideally we should remove file system based deployment. However, hot
>> deployment should be available.
>>

> How do we persist?

We can persist in the registry.

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.