Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy Whitlock <jw...@starprecision.com> on 2003/06/20 22:38:13 UTC

RE: FTP server recommendation

Brian,
	Windows 2000 Server has it's own FTP Server built in.  IIS does
it very easily.  I am all for Open Source but if you paid for it, which
you did, might as well use it.  HTH, Jeremy

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jw...@starprecision.com>.
Brian,
	You do install IIS but if you have the Web Portion of IIS not
running (Disabled), no harm no foul.  I understand your use of Apach,
nothing better.  It's very easy to use for FTP from the IIS Suite
though.  Setting up users and directories is a snap.  I wouldn't advise
if I weren't doing it myself.  I use it SOLELY for FTP and it's a dream.
Well...it's not a dream as it reboots sporadically.  ;)  Later, Jeremy

Thanks for the input Jeremy. I did pay for it, but it didn't seem
intuitive
to me to set up users and directory access. Also, I thought that I had
install IIS to use it, and I don't want to do that since I have Apache
running on it.

Posted by Brian Menke <br...@innovtech.com>.
Thanks for the input Jeremy. I did pay for it, but it didn't seem intuitive
to me to set up users and directory access. Also, I thought that I had to