Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Eric Sheffer <es...@lycos.com> on 2002/06/19 20:07:30 UTC

Cocoon and commercial portal products

I have a client that wants to build a portal using one of
the commercial portal products, BEA Portal or Oracle Portal.
They want some features that are unavailable out-of-the-box
for these products, such as support for handheld wireless
devices.

Would it be possible/practicable to use Cocoon with either
of these products?  Does anyone have any experience using
Cocoon BEA or Oracle Portal?

TIA

Eric

RE: Cocoon and commercial portal products

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Eric Sheffer [mailto:esheffer@lycos.com]
>

> I have a client that wants to build a portal using one of
> the commercial portal products, BEA Portal or Oracle Portal.
> They want some features that are unavailable out-of-the-box
> for these products, such as support for handheld wireless
> devices.
>
> Would it be possible/practicable to use Cocoon with either
> of these products?  Does anyone have any experience using
> Cocoon BEA or Oracle Portal?

BEA portal is a hurdle of JSPs, bunch of JSP taglibs, and couple of
servlets.

IMHO, it make little to no sense using Cocoon with it. You will end up
rewriting all this stuff first into XML/XSP/logicsheets, and then
integrating it with Cocoon. OTOH, it sounds hard but possible.

Other opinions?

Vadim