Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Hagen <si...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/24 13:55:35 UTC

"static" views?

I have a very strange use case:
I want to use the query features of a view (key= and such), but the content
of the view is actually not dependent on the database content. Is there a
way to do static views? My best solution right now is to have a "magic" doc
and when my mapper sees it, just emit the view and otherwise ignore all
documents.

However, this will break if someone kills my "magic" doc (ok, I can
regenerate it in an update trigger) and also cause a performance hit as my
mapper will have to visit all documents even if it just waits for the magic
one.

Suggestions?