Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/27 18:38:38 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Storm 1.1.1 (rc2)

This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Storm 1.1.1 (rc2)

Full list of changes in this release:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG.md;hb=41bfea87b1a002565333bd18a06d766af1ca3816

The tag/commit to be voted upon is v1.1.1:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=tree;h=948ce7d63a31fae8c478785985d0ef79808e234e;hb=41bfea87b1a002565333bd18a06d766af1ca3816

The source archive being voted upon can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-1.1.1-rc2/apache-storm-1.1.1-src.tar.gz

Other release files, signatures and digests can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-1.1.1-rc2/

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=blob_plain;f=KEYS;hb=22b832708295fa2c15c4f3c70ac0d2bc6fded4bd

The Nexus staging repository for this release is:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestorm-1050

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Storm 1.1.1.

When voting, please list the actions taken to verify the release.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Storm 1.1.1
[ ]  0 No opinion

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

-Taylor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 1.1.1 (rc2)

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
This vote is now closed and passes with 5 binding +1 votes and not 0 or -1 votes.

Vote tally (* indicates a binding vote):

+1:
Juntaek Lim*
Bobby Evans*
Stig Rohde Døssing*
Harsha Chintalapani*
P. Taylor Goetz*

I will release the artifacts from staging and announce the release after 24 hours.

Thanks to all who voted.

-Taylor

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

> source

- verify file (signature, MD5, SHA)

-- source, tar.gz : OK

-- source, zip : OK

- extract file

-- source, tar.gz : OK

-- source, zip : OK

- diff-ing extracted files between tar.gz and zip : OK

- build source with JDK 7

-- source, tar.gz :

- build source dist

-- source, tar.gz : OK

- build binary dist

-- source, tar.gz : OK

> binary

- verify file (signature, MD5, SHA)

-- binary, tar.gz : OK

-- binary, zip : OK

- extract file

-- source, tar.gz :  OK

-- source, zip : OK

- diff-ing extracted files between tar.gz and zip : OK

- launch daemons : OK

- run RollingTopWords (local) : OK

- run RollingTopWords (remote) : OK

  - activate / deactivate / rebalance / kill : OK

  - logviewer (worker dir, daemon dir) : OK

  - change log level : OK

  - thread dump, heap dump, restart worker : OK

  - log search : OK

- run WordCountTopology (multilang, remote) : OK

Btw, I found many parts of tasks could be done with a script. I already put
two scripts - downloading RC directory, verifying checksum and signature -
but maybe we could cover more parts and only leave some parts for manual
tests.

If someone already has a script or so to automate parts or all of verification,
it would be really appreciated to share.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

2017년 7월 28일 (금) 오전 3:38, P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
+1

Tested several different topologies on a multi-node cluster.

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
+1. Deployed on a 3 node cluster and ran sample topologies.

-Harsha

Posted by Stig Rohde Døssing <st...@gmail.com>.