Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Edmund Dorsey <sp...@hotmail.com> on 2003/12/10 16:59:57 UTC

Setting Environment Vars In Windows XP

I am having a problem with my environment variables.

I have ant installed in c:\ant
and I have my javaSDK installed in c:\javasdk

I set the JAVA_HOME path to c:\javasdk
I set the ANT_HOME path to c:\ant
and I set PATH to c:\javasdk\bin; c:\ant\bin

The problem is that when I open a command prompt it does not recognize the
'ant' command.
It does recognize the javac command.

If I switch the order of PATH (i.e. c:\ant\bin; c:\javasdk\bin) then it
recognizes the ant command but then not the java command needed by ant.

It seems that it only is accepting the first item I put in the PATH.

Does anyone know how to fix this?  Thank you very much.

~Ed

Re: Setting Environment Vars In Windows XP

Posted by Gilles QUERRET <gi...@nerim.net>.
Edmund Dorsey wrote:

> The problem is that when I open a command prompt it does not recognize
> the 'ant' command.
> It does recognize the javac command.
>
> If I switch the order of PATH (i.e. c:\ant\bin; c:\javasdk\bin) then it
> recognizes the ant command but then not the java command needed by ant.
>
> It seems that it only is accepting the first item I put in the PATH.

Just try removing the space between your entries.

--
Gilles QUERRET

http://gillesqfr.nerim.net/public_key.txt