Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2006/09/04 08:51:27 UTC

brokerId != broker name ?? why??

Howdy folks..

Do any of you remember why we use a GUID for the brokerId?  I'm
thinking it would be simpler if we pass wound the broker name as the
brokerId.  I think that we currently have the requirment that the
broker name has to be unique in a network of brokers... so I think
that it's a safe change.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: brokerId != broker name ?? why??

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
I'd prefer just to use broker name - though there will always be
problems in networks if a user sets the same broker name for multiple
broker instances

cheers,

Rob