Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Salman Ahmed <ah...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/18 00:12:46 UTC

Kafka Topic/Partition Reassignment issue

I had an issue where one kafka node was filling up on disk space. I used
the reassignment script in an incorrect way, overloading large number of
topics/partition on two target machines, which caused kafka to stop on
those machines.

I would like to cancel the reassignment process, and restore it to original
or no further reassignment. Has anyone had to edit znodes and clean up
reassignment so replicas and ISR are as they were prior to reassignment. If
so please share the steps.

Thank you
Sal

Re: Kafka Topic/Partition Reassignment issue

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
The reassignment tool outputs the original assignment before executing the
next one. If you have that saved, you can initiate another assignment to
make it go to its initial state. That is probably a safer way to fix the
reassignment.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Salman Ahmed <ah...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I had an issue where one kafka node was filling up on disk space. I used
> the reassignment script in an incorrect way, overloading large number of
> topics/partition on two target machines, which caused kafka to stop on
> those machines.
>
> I would like to cancel the reassignment process, and restore it to original
> or no further reassignment. Has anyone had to edit znodes and clean up
> reassignment so replicas and ISR are as they were prior to reassignment. If
> so please share the steps.
>
> Thank you
> Sal

Neha