Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Nicolò Boschi <bo...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/18 10:11:43 UTC

Facilitate Pulsar shell distribution

Hi folks,

Now that Pulsar 2.11.0 has been released I'd like to discuss possible
improvements for Pulsar shell's user experience.

Now you either download the tarball or use a docker image, we can improve
it.

I've opened an issue with some ideas:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/19272
Please share your thoughts

Thanks,
Nicolò

Re: Facilitate Pulsar shell distribution

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
+1

As written on the GH issue we already have some experience with
packing pulsar-shell for homebrew

One open point is how to coordinate it with the Apache downloads framework.

Apache artifacts should be hosted / downloaded from downloads.apache.org
so we have to add some tricks/redirections on the pulsar.apache.org
website in order to make it work properly

We will also have to update the release procedure

Enrico

Posted by Alexander Preuss <al...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.
Hi Nicolò,