Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jordan Bull <jo...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/08 18:32:30 UTC

Bug fix for KAFKA-13927

Hello,

I have a relatively simple fix for the bug
<https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/12566> reported in KAFKA-13927
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-13927> in which Connect will
not commit offsets for a message that a SinkTask retries and eventually
succeeds. Would appreciate eyes or feedback on.

Also the CI appears not to succeed for the trunk base (and other branches
right now); is that correct? I've added test assertions for this bug and
verified that the unit tests for the SinkTask do succeed. Curious what is
the course of action if tests do not pass in general for the base branch?

Thanks,
Jordan