Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew <as...@ezan.ac.ru> on 2001/09/27 15:21:09 UTC

Tomcat 4.0 i18n BUG

    Hi, I've following problem: after request.setCharacterEncoding()
invocation,  request.getParameter() was properly set encoding but
request.getQueryString() does nothig- ignore encoding setting...
What's the matter?

Re: servlet to jsp

Posted by Will Stranathan <wi...@thestranathans.com>.
In the servlet....

request.setAttribute("mybean", theBeanInstance);
// Then forward

In the JSP:
<jsp:useBean id="mybean" class="MyBean" scope="request" />
<%= mybean.getWhatever() %>

Will Stranathan

Re: UNSUSCRIBE

Posted by Manu KY <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
Create the bean in servlet , set the bean object as an attribute to the
request , session or servletContext object and access the bean instance
with appropriate corresponding scope from the Jsp.

Manu

UNSUSCRIBE

Posted by Gaƫtan Lepargneul <ga...@hotmail.com>.
UNSUSCRIBE

servlet to jsp

Posted by Huaxin <hx...@cs.ualberta.ca>.

Re: Tomcat 4.0 i18n BUG

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Andrew wrote:

> Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:21:09 +0400
> From: Andrew <as...@ezan.ac.ru>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Tomcat 4.0 i18n BUG
>
>     Hi, I've following problem: after request.setCharacterEncoding()
> invocation,  request.getParameter() was properly set encoding but
> request.getQueryString() does nothig- ignore encoding setting...
> What's the matter?

Setting the character encoding only affects calls to getParameter() and
getReader(), not getQueryString().  If you want to translate the query
string directly, you will have to do it yourself.

Craig