Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <co...@decus.org> on 1997/09/12 13:28:09 UTC

Starting over..

    Okey, let's start over.

    Jim, will you pretty-please put your 1.3 RM hat back on?

    How about this for a schedule:

    12 Sep  Dean's patches committed
    12 Sep  name-that-log patch committed
    12 Sep  ETag patch committed
    13 Sep  run indent across everything
    <BRRR>freeze</BRRR>, waiting for Ben/Alexei/Paul to say "Win32 is
    go for 1.3b1"
    15 Sep  Roll 1.3b1, people start verifying it internally
    17 Sep  Release 1.3b1, start fixing bugs reported against it
    17 Sep  Duplicate apachen into apache2, open 2.0 for feature work
    27 Sep  Release 1.3b2
    11 Oct  Release 1.3b3 (1.3.0 candidate)
     1 Nov  Release 1.3.0

    Aggressive, yes - but isn't there general agreement 1.2 took Too
    Long?  So maybe 1.3 will have some warts, and we'll need to do a
    1.3.[1-9] - what of it?  Let's get this sucker *out* there!

    #ken    P-)}

Re: Starting over..

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

>     Okey, let's start over.
>
>     Jim, will you pretty-please put your 1.3 RM hat back on?
>
>     How about this for a schedule:
>
>     12 Sep  Dean's patches committed
>     12 Sep  name-that-log patch committed
>     12 Sep  ETag patch committed

That's all done now I think.

>     13 Sep  run indent across everything

I'm happy with this happening now.  I don't have any outstanding patches
(woo!).

>     <BRRR>freeze</BRRR>, waiting for Ben/Alexei/Paul to say "Win32 is
>     go for 1.3b1"
>     15 Sep  Roll 1.3b1, people start verifying it internally
>     17 Sep  Release 1.3b1, start fixing bugs reported against it
>     17 Sep  Duplicate apachen into apache2, open 2.0 for feature work
>     27 Sep  Release 1.3b2
>     11 Oct  Release 1.3b3 (1.3.0 candidate)
>      1 Nov  Release 1.3.0

Remove the dates and say "feature freeze now", "release 1.3b1 next week"
and I'm happy.

Dean