Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "L. J." <ap...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/29 01:43:48 UTC

question about comments from Emmanuel on Continuum 1.1 dependency management

I have a question about comments from Emmanuel below:

Projects B depends on Project A. If project A have some changes, it is
built, then even if project B doesn't have changes, it will be built too
because it depends on project A that have changed.

So where/how does Continuum check the dependency changes in order to build
Project B? Does it check Project A's changes in source control (such as CVS,
SVN), or it checks/compare the local Maven repo on the timestamp that the
last time Project A and Project B were built/installed?

Thanks.

LJ

Re: question about comments from Emmanuel on Continuum 1.1 dependency management

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
Continuum check only if a new build of project A was done in Continuum since
latest project B build.
If project A isn't in Continuum too, we can't check for the moment if it was
redeployed in the repository.

Emmanuel