Posted to users@felix.apache.org by peter lawrey <pe...@edgeci.com> on 2010/02/24 10:31:22 UTC

Webconsole properties.

Hello,

  Is there a way the web console can be banded using a properties file.
e.g. under the etc/ directory like the org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg file.

  I have found this,
http://felix.apache.org/site/branding-the-web-console.html  but it's not
clear to me how to easily make one web console different to another.

  I don't want to have to create a hacked version of the webconsole.jar
for every instance.

Thank you in advance,

  Peter.

Re: Webconsole properties.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Branding works by installing a fragment to the WebConsole which provides
the branding properties overwriting the default ones. The background
here is, that the DefaultBrandingPlugin reads a properties file, if
existing, for the properites. The Web Console itself does not have such
a file but a fragment may provided it.

See the Apache Sling branding bundle [1]  as an example.

Alternatively you can register a BrandingPlugin service (this needs not
be contained in a fragment bundle attached to the Web Console).

Regards
Felix

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/bundles/extensions/webconsolebranding