Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Romain HARDOUIN <ro...@urssaf.fr> on 2013/08/13 16:38:59 UTC

C* 1.0.6 to 1.1.12: upgradesstables or scrub?

Hi all,

We are migrating from C* 1.0.6 to 1.1.12 and after reading DataStax
documentation (http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/install/upgrading) we are
a bit confused.
The section "Completing the Upgrade", step 6, points out:

    If you are upgrading from Cassandra 1.1.3 or earlier to Cassandra
1.1.5 or later, skip steps 7 and 8 of this procedure and go to Completing
the upgrade from Cassandra 1.1.3 or earlier to Cassandra 1.1.5 or later.
    --> i.e. run an offline scrub

However according to the step 8:

    After upgrading, run nodetool upgradesstables against each node before
running repair, moving nodes, or adding new ones.
    If you are using Cassandra 1.0.3 and earlier, use nodetool scrub
instead of nodetool upgradesstables

So, must we run upgradesstables or an offline scrub?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Romain.

Re: C* 1.0.6 to 1.1.12: upgradesstables or scrub?

Posted by Romain HARDOUIN <ro...@urssaf.fr>.
Yes, forgot to mention we use LCS in 1.0.6.
Thank you.

Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com> a écrit sur 13/08/2013 16:44:56
:

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.