Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org> on 2018/11/30 06:50:34 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Ignite 2.7.0 RC1

Igniters,

We've uploaded a 2.7.0 release candidate to

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ignite/2.7.0-rc1/

Git tag name is 2.7.0-rc1

This release includes the following changes:

Apache Ignite In-Memory Database and Caching Platform 2.7

Ignite:
* Added experimental support for multi-version concurrency control with snapshot isolation
  - available for both cache API and SQL
  - use CacheAtomicityMode.TRANSACTIONAL_SNAPSHOT to enable it
  - not production ready, data consistency is not guaranteed in case of node failures
* Implemented Transparent Data Encryption based on JKS certificates
* Implemented Node.JS Thin Client
* Implemented Python Thin Client
* Implemented PHP Thin Client
* Ignite start scripts now support Java 9 and higher
* Added ability to set WAL history size in bytes
* Added SslContextFactory.protocols and SslContextFactory.cipherSuites properties to control which SSL encryption algorithms can be used
* Added JCache 1.1 compliance
* Added IgniteCompute.withNoResultCache method with semantics similar to ComputeTaskNoResultCache annotation
* Spring Data 2.0 is now supported in the separate module 'ignite-spring-data_2.0'
* Added monitoring of critical system workers
* Added ability to provide custom implementations of ExceptionListener for JmsStreamer
* Ignite KafkaStreamer was upgraded to use new KafkaConsmer configuration
* S3 IP Finder now supports subfolder usage instead of bucket root
* Improved dynamic cache start speed
* Improved checkpoint performance by decreasing mark duration.
* Added ability to manage compression level for compressed WAL archives.
* Added metrics for Entry Processor invocations.
* Added JMX metrics: ClusterMetricsMXBean.getTotalBaselineNodes and ClusterMetricsMXBean.getActiveBaselineNodes
* Node uptime metric now includes days count
* Exposed info about thin client connections through JMX
* Introduced new system property IGNITE_REUSE_MEMORY_ON_DEACTIVATE to enable reuse of allocated memory on node deactivation (disabled by default)
* Optimistic transaction now will be properly rolled back if waiting too long for a new topology on remap
* ScanQuery with setLocal flag now checks if the partition is actually present on local node
* Improved cluster behaviour when a left node does not cause partition affinity assignment changes
* Interrupting user thread during partition initialization will no longer cause node to stop
* Fixed problem when partition lost event was not triggered if multiple nodes left cluster
* Fixed massive node drop from the cluster on temporary network issues
* Fixed service redeployment on cluster reactivation
* Fixed client node stability under ZooKeeper discovery
* Massive performance and stability improvements

Ignite .Net:
* Add .NET Core 2.1 support
* Added thin client connection failover

Ignite C++:
* Implemented Thin Client with base cache operations
* Implemented smart affinity routing for Thin Client to send requests directly to nodes containing data when possible
* Added Clang compiler support

SQL:
* Added experimental support for fully ACID transactional SQL with the snapshot isolation:
  - use CacheAtomicityMode.TRANSACTIONAL_SNAPSHOT to enable it
  - a transaction can be started through native API (IgniteTransactions), thin JDBC driver or ODBC driver
  - not production ready, data consistency is not guaranteed in case of node failures
* Added a set of system views located in "IGNITE" schema to view cluster information (NODES, NODE_ATTRIBUTES, NODE_METRICS, BASELINE_NODES)
* Added ability to create predefined SQL schemas
* Added GROUP_CONCAT function support
* Added string length constraint
* Custom Java objects are now inlined into primary and secondary indexes what may significantly improve performance when AFFINITY_KEY is used
* Added timeout to fail query execution in case it cannot be mapped to topology
* Restricted number of cores allocated for CREATE INDEX by default to 4 to avoid contention on index tree Fixed transaction hanging during runtime error on commit.
* Fixed possible memory leak when result set size is multiple of the page size
* Fixed situation when data may be returned from cache partitions in LOST state even when PartitionLossPolicy doesn't permit it
* Fixed "Caches have distinct sets of data nodes" during SQL JOIN query execution between REPLICATED and PARTITIONED caches
* Fixed wrong result for SQL queries when item size exceeds the page size
* Fixed error during SQL query from client node with the local flag set to "true"
* Fixed handling UUID as a column type

JDBC:
* Implemented DataSource interface for the thin driver

ODBC:
* Added streaming mode support
* Fixed crash in Linux when there are more than 1023 open file descriptors
* Fixed bug that prevented cursors on a server from being closed
* Fixed segmentation fault when reusing a closed connection

Web Console:
* Added new metrics: WAL and Data size on disk
* Added support for "collocated" query mode on Query screen
* Added support for Java 9+ for Web Agent.
* Added ability to show/hide password field value
* Implemented execution of selected part of SQL query
* Implemented explain of the selected part of SQL query
* Implemented connection to a secured cluster
* Implemented responsive full-screen layout
* Split "Sign In" page to three separate pages
* UI updated to modern look and feel
* Improved backend stability
* Fixed fail when working with web sockets

REST:
* Added option IGNITE_REST_GETALL_AS_ARRAY for array format in "getAll" call

Visor:
* Added output of node "Consistent ID"
* Visor now collects information about cache groups instead of separate caches to reduce memory consumption
* Improved help for "start" command
* Fixed output of cache metrics

Control utility:
* Added information about transaction start time
* Added command to collect information about a distribution of partitions
* Added command to reset lost partitions
* Added support for empty label (control.sh --tx label null)
* Added atomicity mode to utility output.
* Added orphaned local and remote transactions and ability to rollback them
* Added "--dump" flag to dump current partition state to file.
* Renamed command argument '--force' to '--yes'
* Removed "initOrder" and "loc keys" from an info
* Fixed control utility hanging when connected to a joining node with PME

ML:
* Added TensorFlow integration
* Added Estimator API support to TensorFlow cluster on top of Apache Ignite
* Added ANN algorithm based on ACD concept
* Added Random Forest algorithm
* Added OneHotEncoder for categorical features
* Added model estimation
* Added K-fold cross-validation for ML models
* Added splitter for splitting the dataset into test and train subsets
* Added ability of filtering data during datasets creation
* Added encoding categorical features with One-of-K Encoder
* Added MinMax scaler preprocessor
* Added gradient boosting for trees
* Added indexing for decision trees
* Added GDB convergence by error support
* Added ability to build pipeline of data preprocessing and model training
* Added ability to start and maintain TensorFlow cluster on top of Apache Ignite
* Added support of Multi-Class for Logistic Regression
* Implemented distributed binary logistic regression

Dependency updates:
* Apache Camel updated to 2.22.0
* Apache Commons Beanutils updated to 1.9.3
* Apache Hadoop Yarn updated to 2.7.7
* Apache Kafka updated to 1.1.0
* Apache Lucene updated to 7.4.0
* Apache Mesos updated to 1.5.0
* Apache Tomcat updated to 9.0.10
* Apache Zookeeper updated to 3.4.13
* Guava updated to 25.1-jre
* Jackson Databind updated to 2.9.6
* Jackson 1 usages replaced with Jackson 2
* JCraft updated to 0.1.54
* H2 version updated to 1.4.197
* Log4j 2.x updated to 2.11.0
* Netty updated to 4.1.27.Final
* RocketMQ updated to 4.3.0
* Scala 2.10.x was updated to 2.10.7
* Scala 2.11.x updated to 2.11.12

Complete list of closed issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10432?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.7%20AND%20(status%20%3D%20closed%20or%20status%20%3D%20resolved)
DEVNOTES
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=DEVNOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/2.7.0-rc1

RELEASE NOTES
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=RELEASE_NOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/2.7.0-rc1

Please start voting.

+1 - to accept Apache Ignite 2.5.0-RC1
0 - don't care either way
-1 - DO NOT accept Apache Ignite 2.5.0-RC1 (explain why)

This vote will go for 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 2.7.0 RC1

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Officially cancel the vote.

Will prepare rc2 with IGNITE-9794 included.

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Vladimir,

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.