Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "NG, Derek" <de...@atos.net> on 2013/04/10 03:44:18 UTC

Open office 2.4.3 with Java 7

Hi,

     My name is Derek and i am currently working in DSTA/MINDEF and we are currently using OpenOffice 2.4.3. However as we are planning to upgrade Java version to 7 , I would like to enquire from you if Open Office 2.4.3 support Java 7.

I know that Open Office 3.4.0 and above support Java 7 and if Open Office 2.4.3 does not support Java 7, we will be upgrading Open Office to 3.4.0 and above.

Hope to hear from you soon to clarify our doubts. Thanks !

Thanks and regards
Derek Ng

Re: Open office 2.4.3 with Java 7

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 02:03:06 -0000, NG, Derek <de...@atos.net> wrote:

> So I can safely assure that OpenOffice 2.4.3 does not support Java 7
> since it is a couple of years old but OpenOffice 3.4.1 and above support
> Java 7?

java claims both backwards and forwards compatibility, which assumes that
oo 2.4.3 should work smoothly with java 7. however, you should note that
java 7 requires visual c++ redistributable 2010, the latter being
accessible for no charge from microsoft and a number of third-party sites.

RE: Open office 2.4.3 with Java 7

Posted by "NG, Derek" <de...@atos.net>.
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the clarification!