Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org> on 2014/03/07 18:12:34 UTC

Welcome Andrew Musselman as new comitter

Hi,

this is to announce that the Project Management Committee (PMC) for
Apache Mahout has asked Andrew Musselman to become committer and we are
pleased to announce that he has accepted.

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since in
addition to posting patches on JIRA it also gives write access to the
code repository. That also means that now we have yet another person who
can commit patches submitted by others to our repo *wink*

Andrew, we look forward to working with you in the future. Welcome! It
would be great if you could introduce yourself with a few words :)

Sebastian

Re: Welcome Andrew Musselman as new comitter

Posted by Kevin Moulart <ke...@gmail.com>.
Congratulation Andrew !—
Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Hi Pavan,

Committership is given for engagement with the project like providing
documentation, answering questions on the mailinglist, reviewing
patches, testing patches and submitting patches.

We currently have a discussion ongoing about the future of mahout, feel
free to participate.

--sebastian

Posted by Pavan Kumar N <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl>.
Congratulations Andrew!

Posted by Gokhan Capan <gk...@gmail.com>.
Welcome and congratulations, Andrew!

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations and welcome to the team Andrew!

Posted by Saikat Kanjilal <sx...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by "Scott C. Cote" <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.