Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com> on 2004/07/08 11:43:41 UTC

xmlns:deploy and plugins

I think we can now remove the deploy namespace from:

artifact
dist
jar
release

True?

Re: xmlns:deploy and plugins

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
At this stage of the game, might be best left alone, and just indicate
in the docs that the plugin is only intended for reuse by other plugins
and is deprecated otherwise.

Re: xmlns:deploy and plugins

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.

Re: xmlns:deploy and plugins

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
>>its only there as a sanity check - sure.
>>

>I'd much prefer we keep things clean, otherwise we end up with cruft everywhere.

Yeah, but it makes for a less confusing experience when someone installs
RC4/1.0 over the top of something older.

I think we can ditch it in 1.0 though - a fleeting message in RC4 was
enough :)

>>>release
>>>

>>>From what I can see in plugin.jelly, it's just using <deploy:artifact,
>which I think we should change over.

Jason was going to relegate release to the sandbox as incomplete last
year, but we kept it around because some of the java code is being
reused elsewhere. Maybe its time to shift the java code and dump the
release plugin?

I don't know if anyone is using it...

>>I think it uses deploy:copy-deps, so that would need to be changed first?
>>

>I can't see where it uses this tag. Can you point it out??

No, I was wrong on that.

- Brett

Re: xmlns:deploy and plugins

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
On Thu,  8 Jul 2004 21:47:58 +1000, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Quoting Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>:
>
> > I think we can now remove the deploy namespace from:
> >
> > artifact
>
> no, it contains the old deploy tag library

Woops.

Re: xmlns:deploy and plugins

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.