Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2007/05/12 14:59:24 UTC

Re: Custom component - custom tag

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/access-to-valuestack-from-jsps.html
to quote
"There is a simple, if not elegant, solution available in JSP 2.0 EL, for
exposing ValueStack to OGNL. It is possible to create custom functions that
can be called from EL expressions. Functions have to be 'public static' and
specified in a TLD file.
To use a function, import the TLD in a JSP file where you've want to use a
function."

HTH
M--

Posted by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you:
This looks close to what I need. But I think I am missing something
here. I am setting an abject value in the Action. Where is this object
stored, on the ValueStack ? Basically I am setting a resuletSet in the
action and I need a tag to display it, so How can I access it from the tag.
I tried this:

ActionContext a = ActionContext.getContext();
Object value = a.getValueStack().findValue("results");

but it's not working.