Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Maruthi Ravuri <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2004/06/30 12:12:40 UTC

Inter Portlet Communication

Hello Everybody,

I have a JSP Portlet which is displaying the News Titles from mysql
database.

When i click(titles should have a link) on a particular title the
corresponding description of news should be displayed(from datbase) in a
separete(another) portlet.

My Datbase is like this ::Table name -News

These are the columns in the news table ::

Title of News-Description of news-Date(News will be sorted by date)

I could display the JSP with news titles.I dont know how to manage
interportlet communication (one JSP to another JSP)..can anybody give
guidelines who have idea in this regard?.

Thank you,

Maruthi.

Re: Inter Portlet Communication

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
Le 30 juin 04, à 12:12, Maruthi Ravuri a écrit :

> Hello Everybody,
>
> I have a JSP Portlet which is displaying the News Titles from mysql
> database.
>
> When i click(titles should have a link) on a particular title the
> corresponding description of news should be displayed(from datbase) in
> a separete(another) portlet.
>
> My Datbase is like this ::Table name -News
>
> These are the columns in the news table ::
>
> Title of News-Description of news-Date(News will be sorted by date)
>
> I could display the JSP with news titles.I dont know how to manage
> interportlet communication (one JSP to another JSP)..can anybody give
> guidelines who have idea in this regard?.
>
> Thank you,

Assuming you're using J1, you can simply share data between your
portlets using the session.
Simply have your link invoke an action in Portlet 1, that will set a
session or request parameter that is
expected by Portlet 2.

Alternatively, if you're willing to tightly couple both portlets, you
can simply have the
Portlet 2 access the request parameters and look for a pre-defined
shared "title" parameter.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
Apache Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java