Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dan stephens <ks...@hotmail.com> on 2005/12/08 00:34:07 UTC

Tomcat Connection Pool config

Has anyone else tried to use the connection pool in Tomcat with the below
parameters..

I can see that when I first issue a connect I get below, and I can use that
datasource. But according to the commons-dbcp api, for a fail safe I can set
removeAbandoned and removeAbandonedTimeout to clean up any abandoned
connections.. But this does not seem to work and is causing me problems. I
can throw a page together that gets 4 connections, then do nothing with them
and they are never removed. I then tried getting the 4 connections and then
setting them immediately to null and closing the browser, thinking there was
some sort of reference here. But still they will not get removed. Any one
else ever seen this?

AbandonedObjectPool is used
(org.apache.commons.dbcp.AbandonedObjectPool@a29c6e)
   LogAbandoned: true