Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by Gimhana Nadeeshan <gi...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2019/03/02 05:47:15 UTC

[GSoC 2019] Apache RocketMQ Connector Project

Hi,

This mail is for Introducing my self to the Apache RocketMQ community.

I'm a final year undergraduate in Computer Science & Engineering of the
University of Moratuwa. I have completed my 6 months internship at WSO2
Lanka (Pvt) Ltd last year. There I got the chance to apply the theoretical
knowledge gained from lectures in practical to some extent. Mainly dealt
with Apache Synapse. Used Apache Kafka and Zookeeper for handling data
streams for that project.

Have some hands-on experience in Java, Python, JavaScript by doing several
projects based in both academic and non-academic purposes.

I would like to work on this project this summer(GSOC2019) because
contributing to Open Source is the best way to learn the real world
software engineering practices and open source culture.

I already went through the installation docs and figured out the basic
usage of RocketMQ.

Would someone please guide me to get a head start to the project?

Thanks & Regards,

--

Nadeeshan Gimhana

Undergraduate

University of Moratuwa

*Mobile :+94775744613*

*Website : https://ngimhana94.wixsite.com/gimhanadesilva/
<https://ngimhana94.wixsite.com/gimhanadesilva/>*

*L**inkedin*
*:www.linkedin.com/in/nadeeshangimhana/
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/nadeeshangimhana/>*

*Blog* :https://medium.com/@gimhanadesilva.15

Re: [GSoC 2019] Apache RocketMQ Connector Project

Posted by Gosling Von <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for your interests. Recently, I received many student requests of attending GSoC 2019. I am pleased to see so many guys will be involved in community. Later, I will call for discussion of the activity this year.

Best Regards,
Von Gosling