Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/04 20:10:43 UTC

Re: Arrow sync call January 22 at 12:00 US/Eastern, 17:00 UTC

Oops, forgot to send the notes for the call from two weeks ago:

Attendees:
Projjal Chanda
Todd Hendricks
Ben Kietzman
Micah Kornfield
Rok Mihevc
Antoine Pitrou
Neal Richardson
François Saint-Jacques
Krisztián Szucs
Aaron
Luke

* 0.16
* C++ Result class refactor: we've stalled, still a lot left to do. See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-7231. Should push for before
1.0 but not a blocker for it (1.0 is about hardening the specification, not
the implementations)
* offset/C data API followup: should we add an offset/filter field to the
format? Since most implementations do something like that.
* Need help reviewing and merging Java patches