Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "F. Da Costa" <da...@xs4all.nl> on 2004/02/14 15:56:55 UTC

Instantiation error

Just switched b4 and got this error.
Have been running the (cvs'ed) version a while now and i thought the border
was definitely ok by now.

org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException
Unable to instantiate an instance of class org.dcg.platform.ui.Border.
component: 	org.dcg.platform.HomeContent@1b158db[HomeContent]
location: 	classpath:/org/dcg/platform/ui/Border.jwc, line 6

java.lang.InstantiationException
Stack Trace:

     *
sun.reflect.InstantiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(InstantiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.java:30)
     * java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
     * java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:308)
     * java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:261)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.instantiateComponent(PageLoader.java:650)

I can find the class in the dir so it does exist.
What else would be a good place to look?

TIA
Fermin DCG

Re: Instantiation error

Posted by Mirko Viviani <mi...@objectlab.org>.
F. Da Costa wrote:

> Just switched b4 and got this error.
> Have been running the (cvs'ed) version a while now and i thought the
> border was definitely ok by now.
>
> org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException
> Unable to instantiate an instance of class org.dcg.platform.ui.Border.
[...]
> I can find the class in the dir so it does exist.
> What else would be a good place to look?

The class is declared abstract without abstract properties?

I've had the same problem switching to b4...

Ciao
Mirko

RE: Instantiation error

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
Right on the money.  Because you provided concrete properties for your connected parameters,
Tapestry did not create a subclass.

I think the difference is that between beta-3 and beta-4, Richard Lewis-Shell made some changes to
how the IBinding object for each parameter is stored. The older code is beta-3 would create a new
property for the binding, the new code stores it in a HashMap.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components

RE: Instantiation error