Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/23 09:02:42 UTC

Importing routes into camel (spring) context

Hi,

I don't think it's currently possible to have a single camelContext
and use the <import> tag to pull in routing information into that
context.

The usecase is that we have a single application with many routes,
each route is specific to an entity and I would prefer to keep the
entity specific information in a separate context file and import it
into the main camelContext.  This would allow soft-deployment of code
and then activation of a route via deploying an entity specific
context.

Is this something that may be possible in the future?

Thanks,
Kev

Re: Importing routes into camel (spring) context

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
CamelContext tag supports to use the routeBuilder to load the Java DSL
RouteBuilder.
Maybe you can put the specific Routebuilder configure into a single
spring configuration file, and import it into the Spring configuration
with a single CamelContext.

Willem

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Importing routes into camel (spring) context

Posted by Wayne Keenan <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You might want to look at springs  classpath*:  mechanism.

I am using it to pull in in all the spring xml files that match a particular
pattern fo my app; some spring files may have their own camelContext, so
although you dont have a single camelContext you do get discrete config
files. This may or may not fit your situation,  e.g.:

    <!-- import al Spring config files -->
    <import resource="classpath*:*-camel-spring.xml"/>

Regards
Wayne