Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Molly Teti <te...@hotmail.com> on 2015/03/24 21:47:44 UTC

A question

Hi, My computer crashed and so I had to save my document but now it says it is locked how do I un lock my file? Please advise thanks

 ~Molly

Sent from Windows Mail

Re: A question

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
Please let us know if you are able to execute Apache OpenOffice, what
happened when you open the file from inside OpenOffice.

Did you download OpenOffice from http://www.openoffice.org ?

Please let us know, and this might help us know whats the issue.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: A question

Posted by Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org>.
On 3/24/2015 3:47 PM, Molly Teti wrote:
> Hi, My computer crashed and so I had to save my document but now it says it is locked how do I un lock my file? Please advise thanks
>
>   ~Molly

When you open a file, the system creates a lock file so that it can't be
opened by any other app at the same time.  Then when you close the file,
the system deletes this lock file.  When you computer crashed, this lock
file was more than likely left on the drive and now prevents any app
from opening your file.  It should be located in the same directory with
the actual file.  If you file name is FileName.odt, the the lock file
should be named .~lock.FileName.odt# so if you delete that lock file you
will then be able to open your file.

Re: A question

Posted by Jan <j....@seznam.cz>.
Taste preparing by linux live.
> Hi, My computer crashed and so I had to save my document but now it says
> it is locked how do I un lock my file? Please advise thanks
>
> ~Molly
>

> Sent from Windows Mail

---
Tato zpráva byla zkontrolována na viry programem Avast Antivirus.