Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon AM Cox <sa...@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on 2003/07/03 15:35:33 UTC

DOM Tree removeChild and replaceChild hangs JVM

Hi,

I have a browser, losely based on the Squiggle example.  I also have a
tree which shows only 'g' elements in the SVG document and allows them
to be removed from the tree, using either removeChild or replaceChild.
On most documents this works fine, however on the 'mapSpain.svg' sample
document the JVM seems to hang during either of these calls.  I'm using
batik 1.5beta, I've just upgraded and it seemed to work before with 1.1.1.

What I'm trying to get to eventually is allowing hte users to switch
layers on/off, I guess if there's a more preffered way of doing this
then I'd rather do that.  Although, I'd rather do it from Java than use
the scripting feature of SVG.

Thanks,

Simon Cox