Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Torsten Krall <tk...@tkl-soft.de> on 2007/07/04 13:56:40 UTC

Pre-phase execution of a plugin

Hello,

is there any chance to define a plugin to run before the inherited goal
executions?
I have to tag a cvs-module and check for an already deployed version
with the same versionnumber before deploying. I wrote an ant-plugin to
test these conditions which is executed within the deploy-phase and
which will break the deploy-process if one condition fails. This is
rather stupid because the conditions are checked when "deploy" is
already done...

The install-phase is not the right position for my plugin, because these checks must not be done if I will only install to local repository :-(

I need a pre-phase...

Anyone who can help?

Best regards,
Torsten