Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Skip <sb...@dmp.com> on 2007/10/23 18:28:45 UTC

all_spam_to issue with multiple recipients

I have an issue which I'd like to figure out how to overcome, if possible.
I am not certain if this is something which applies to SA or if this may be
a more appropriate question for procmail.

I have one user set up with the "all_spam_to" rule.  The problem is when
there are multiple recipients (in the to: and/or cc: fields) mail is
delivered to all recipients if that one user is a recipient.  Is there a way
to overcome this?

Thanks.

- Skip

Re: all_spam_to issue with multiple recipients

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Skip wrote:
> I have an issue which I'd like to figure out how to overcome, if possible.
> I am not certain if this is something which applies to SA or if this may be
> a more appropriate question for procmail.
>
> I have one user set up with the "all_spam_to" rule.  The problem is when
> there are multiple recipients (in the to: and/or cc: fields) mail is
> delivered to all recipients if that one user is a recipient.  Is there a way
> to overcome this?

declare the all_spam_to only in the user_prefs of the affected user.
That way it is in their config, not anyone elses.

This of course assumes you are set up for per-user preferences and don't
process all your mail as the same user, but many procmail setups are
naturally per-user.

RE: all_spam_to issue with multiple recipients

Posted by Skip <sb...@dmp.com>.
> From: Theo Van Dinter
> Typically one would make "all_spam_to" not a global option.

I manage the server at the global level.  Users do not have the ability to
modify their procmail or SA settings in any way.

> However, from what you describe, the better method would be
> to just skip SA altogether for the one user who apparently
> doesn't want the mail marked up.

Interesting idea, but I am not certain how to break out one user in this
way...  Sounds like it would have to be done in procmail, but the question
is how...

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"The only way you'll get me to talk is through slow painful torture, and I