Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2017/12/25 15:53:15 UTC

Including AL 2.0 content?

Hi all,

today I was working on cleaning up the content generated by the maven site plugin of any timestamps. It turned out that our current solution was forcing the gitpubsub to publish changes to all generated files, which was causing problems. I was able to configure the Javadoc plugin to stop generating a timestamp and the site to not generate the timestamp in the header of the page, unfortunately there was a non-configurable part of the reflow-maven-skin that generated this into a comment.

I was able to override this, by copying the original template from here:
https://github.com/andriusvelykis/reflow-maven-skin/blob/master/reflow-maven-skin/src/main/resources/META-INF/maven/site.vm

To here:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-plc4x.git;a=blob;f=src/site/template/maven-site.vm;h=adf7d61b9bc17a81ca05f5843eb712779e831ab3;hb=refs/heads/feature/fine-tuned-site-generation

So, is this ok to do so? Would I need some additional attribution?

Chris

Re: Including AL 2.0 content?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok … having a look at the new commits to the asf-site branch, I am now satisfied with it … no longer is every single page updated every time, just because a hidden timestamp is updated … now the gitpubsub will hopefully not choke as often on our big updates.

Chris

Am 26.12.17, 15:32 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    And for one license I couldn’t see if this is compatable:
    The FontAwesome fonts are licensed under “SIL OFL 1.1” (http://scripts.sil.org/OFL)
    Is this compatable with the AL 2.0?

    Chris

    Am 26.12.17, 12:44 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

        Hi Justin,

        thanks for the feedback … I did apply the configuration I did for the Edgent project to here so now I could add the LICENSE and NOTICE attributions.
        The thing is, that the reflow skin does bundle the listed software. Some are graphic resources and some are CSS frameworks or JavaScript libs. In the end, they are used and they are added to our build-output so I listed all of them. I also added the stuff for FontAwesome as this wasn’t listed yet.

        However, the thing is that these resources are only used for generating the site. Not a single line of them is output to the individual build artifact. I don’t quite know how to deal with this. So, I added a headline for all of these attributions that these only apply to the generated site.

        Would be cool, if there was a way to provide attributions for artifact and site separately, but it seems this isn’t possible (Mabe I should ask the Maven guys on this matter)

        What would be the ideal way to handle this?

        Chris

        Am 26.12.17, 11:12 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <ju...@me.com>:

            Hi,

            > I was able to override this, by copying the original template from here:
            > https://github.com/andriusvelykis/reflow-maven-skin/blob/master/reflow-maven-skin/src/main/resources/META-INF/maven/site.vm
            >
            > To here:
            > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-plc4x.git;a=blob;f=src/site/template/maven-site.vm;h=adf7d61b9bc17a81ca05f5843eb712779e831ab3;hb=refs/heads/feature/fine-tuned-site-generation
            >
            > So, is this ok to do so? Would I need some additional attribution?

            Look OK to me, Apache licensed software doesn't require attribution. It does however have a NOTICE file [1] so I would add this to NOTICE:

            Reflow Maven skin and Velocity tools
            Copyright 2012 Andrius Velykis

            (as the rest of the NOTICE file doesn't seem to be bundled)

            You can also add it to LICENSE [2] but it’s not required.

            Thanks,
            Justin

            1. https://github.com/andriusvelykis/reflow-maven-skin/blob/master/NOTICE
            2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep