Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/30 15:24:15 UTC

Ignite Durable Memory & Persistent Store introduction for developers

Hi Igniters,

I am glad to introduce two new wiki articles. These articles contain
high-level description of

- Ignite Durable Memory (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Ignite+Durable+Memory+-+under+the+hood
)

- and Ignite Persistent Store (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Ignite+Persistent+Store+-+under+the+hood
)

These articles cover basic principles and internal design. Pages may be
useful for new contributors during start of working with persistent store
code base.

I would like to thank all contributors who helped me with my questions.
Their answers and support made it possible to start this description.

I will appreciate any feedback and questions. Suggestions and edits are
welcome, of course.

Sincerely,

Dmitriy Pavlov

Re: Ignite Durable Memory & Persistent Store introduction for developers

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Denis,

Sure, I would be glad if you have some time to review the page. Thank you
for edits and careful review!

According to recent questions and feedback from Igniters, I would also like
to extend section about memory organization.

Please give me a couple of days to address your questions and extend wiki.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ivan,

Excellent addition to the article. Thank you very much for contribution.

I hope Igniters, especially Native Persistence experts will follow your
lead.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Ivan,

Sure, not a problem. Did more, created a hard-not-to-notice block
titled Pages Write Throttling in a Nutshell.

Thanks!
Denis

Posted by Ivan Rakov <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi Ivan,

Posted by Ivan Rakov <iv...@gmail.com>.
Igniters,

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igniters,

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Denis,

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Dmitriy,

I’ve reviewed and edited Ignite Durable Memory section (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Ignite+Durable+Memory+-+under+the+hood#IgniteDurableMemory-underthehood-IgniteDurableMemory <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Ignite+Durable+Memory+-+under+the+hood#IgniteDurableMemory-underthehood-IgniteDurableMemory>). Please address the questions below and I’ll move on with the new sections afterwards.

It’s the same segment as it’s described in the main doc, right? https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/memory-architecture#section-memory-segment <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/memory-architecture#section-memory-segment>

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.
Awesome!
Thanks!

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 6:24 PM, Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Igniters,
>

> I am glad to introduce two new wiki articles. These articles contain
> high-level description of
>
> - Ignite Durable Memory (
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/
> Ignite+Durable+Memory+-+under+the+hood
> )
>
> - and Ignite Persistent Store (
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/
> Ignite+Persistent+Store+-+under+the+hood
> )
>
> These articles cover basic principles and internal design. Pages may be
> useful for new contributors during start of working with persistent store
> code base.
>

> I would like to thank all contributors who helped me with my questions.
> Their answers and support made it possible to start this description.
>

> I will appreciate any feedback and questions. Suggestions and edits are
> welcome, of course.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Dmitriy Pavlov

Re: Ignite Durable Memory & Persistent Store introduction for developers

Posted by 李玉...@163, 18...@163.com.
I will help to translate into chinese.

在 2017/8/31 下午6:39, Alexey Dmitriev 写道:

Posted by Alexey Dmitriev <ad...@gridgain.com>.