Posted to commits@cordova.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2013/01/22 18:26:56 UTC

[Cordova Wiki] Update of "ContributorWorkflow" by AndrewGrieve

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Cordova Wiki" for change notification.

The "ContributorWorkflow" page has been changed by AndrewGrieve:
http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/ContributorWorkflow?action=diff&rev1=13&rev2=14

  ## page was renamed from ContributerWorkflow
+ = Look at the Website =
+
+ There is an intro to contributing here: [[http://cordova.apache.org/#contribute]].
+
+
  = Contributor License Agreement =

- You will need to have signed off on the [[http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt|Apache CLA]] in order for changes to be accepted.
+ You will need to have signed off on the [[http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt|Apache CLA]] in order for changes to be accepted. For more information, refer to: [[http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas]]
+

  = Identify Work =

  = Fork =

@@ -122, +128 @@

  === Prepare to Send Pull Request ===

- Before sending the pull request, you should ensure that your changes merge cleanly with the main documentation repository.
+ Before sending the pull request, you should ensure that your changes merge cleanly with the main documentation repository, and that the granularity of your commits make sense.

  {{{
  $ git checkout master
  $ git pull cordova master
  $ git checkout ticket_11
- $ git rebase master
+ $ git rebase master -i
  }}}
+
+ The rebase -i step allows you to re-order or combine commits. This can help to make your commits more readable.

  You can do this by pulling the latest changes from the main repository back into our master. We make sure that our master is always in sync before issuing pull requests. Next, we rebase the history of the master branch onto the topic branch ticket_11. Essentially, this will rewind your divergent commits, fast-forward your topic branch to the latest commit of the master, and then re-apply your topic branch commits in order. Ensures a clean application of code changes. The [[http://book.git-scm.com/4_rebasing.html|git community book has an excellent chapter on rebasing]].

@@ -148, +156 @@

  === Sending a Pull Request from GitHub ===

+ Pull requests sent to the [[http://github.com/apache|Apache GitHub repositories]] are used to take contributions.

   * Open a web browser to your GitHub account's cordova-docs fork.
   * Select your topic branch so that the pull request references the topic branch.
   * Click the Pull Request button.

- === Notifying the Mailing List ===
+ === Getting Noticed ===

- Optionally, you may wish to comment on and advocate for your changes on list. We highly suggest you sign up for the dev mailing list!
+ It is strongly recommended that you sign up for the [[http://cordova.apache.org/#mailing-list|mailing list]] before issuing a pull request. If your pull request is related to an existing JIRA issue, then add a comment to the issue with a link to your pull request. If it's not (or you're feeling too lazy to search through JIRA), then you should email the mailing-list to notify committers of your pull request.

  == While Waiting, Continuing Crafting Commits ==