Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Jessica Glover <gl...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/09 13:49:41 UTC

Contributing to documentation

Hello,

I am a cTAKES user, but I am interested in development and especially
interested in contributing to the documentation. I have some ideas for
making the component use guides more user-friendly for first-time UIMAers,
but I'm also eager to hear what the dev community would like to see. I am
happy to write as well as create diagrams.

Thanks,

Jessica Glover

Re: Mac/download link broken

Posted by Pei Chen <pe...@wiredinformatics.com>.
Yes, no one should be using http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.html <http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.html>
All links should be using http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads. <http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.html>cgi so that it dynamically resolves the mirrors properly…

> [...]
>
> HTML Page
> http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.html <http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.html>    --> CLick on MAc/Linux under User Installation to see it broken.
> (http://ctakes.apache.org/ <http://ctakes.apache.org/>[preferred]/ctakes/ctakes-3.2.2/apache-ctakes-3.2.2-bin.tar.gz)
>
> CGI Page  <http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
> http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.cgi  --> Works...
>
> Regards,
>
> Taposh D. Roy  |  Health Data Project Lead/Scientist  |  Delivery System Analytics, Decision Support  |  Kaiser Permanente  | cell: 510.206.1633 | taposh.d.roy@kp.org
>

> NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them.  Thank you.
>

> From:        Pei Chen <pe...@wiredinformatics.com>
> To:        dev@ctakes.apache.org
> Date:        02/11/2016 01:05 PM
> Subject:        Re: Mac/download link broken
>

> The links on the menu should point to http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.cgi <http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
> Do you know where the .html link came from; those should be updated.
>
> —Pei
>
> On Feb 11, 2016, at 4:02 PM, taposh.d.roy@kp.org <ma...@kp.org> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> When I click user installation for MAC/Linux  from
> http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.html <http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.html>
>
> I get a broken link
> http://ctakes.apache.org/ <http://ctakes.apache.org/>
> [preferred]/ctakes/ctakes-3.2.2/apache-ctakes-3.2.2-bin.tar.gz
>
> Can some one forward me the right link and fix this or let me know how to
> and I will fix it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Taposh D. Roy  |  Health Data Project Lead/Scientist  |  Delivery System
> Analytics, Decision Support  |  Kaiser Permanente  | cell: 510.206.1633 |
> taposh.d.roy@kp.org
>

> NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this
> e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or
> disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
> please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently
> delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or
> saving them.  Thank you.
>

> From:   "Savova, Guergana" <Gu...@childrens.harvard.edu>
> To:     "dev@ctakes.apache.org" <de...@ctakes.apache.org>
> Date:   02/10/2016 11:20 AM
> Subject:        RE: Contributing to documentation
>

> Hi Jessica,
> Thank you very much for offering to contribute to the documentation!
> Indeed this is our weak link and any help there will be greatly

Re: Mac/download link broken

Posted by ta...@kp.org.

Re: Mac/download link broken

Posted by Pei Chen <pe...@wiredinformatics.com>.
The links on the menu should point to http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.cgi <http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
Do you know where the .html link came from; those should be updated.

—Pei

> On Feb 11, 2016, at 4:02 PM, taposh.d.roy@kp.org wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> When I click user installation for MAC/Linux  from
> http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> I get a broken link
> http://ctakes.apache.org/
> [preferred]/ctakes/ctakes-3.2.2/apache-ctakes-3.2.2-bin.tar.gz
>
> Can some one forward me the right link and fix this or let me know how to
> and I will fix it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Taposh D. Roy  |  Health Data Project Lead/Scientist  |  Delivery System
> Analytics, Decision Support  |  Kaiser Permanente  | cell: 510.206.1633 |
> taposh.d.roy@kp.org
>

> NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this
> e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or
> disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
> please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently
> delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or
> saving them.  Thank you.
>

> From:   "Savova, Guergana" <Gu...@childrens.harvard.edu>
> To:     "dev@ctakes.apache.org" <de...@ctakes.apache.org>
> Date:   02/10/2016 11:20 AM
> Subject:        RE: Contributing to documentation
>

> Hi Jessica,
> Thank you very much for offering to contribute to the documentation!
> Indeed this is our weak link and any help there will be greatly
> appreciated.
> A warm welcome to the community!
> --Guergana

Mac/download link broken

Posted by ta...@kp.org.

Posted by "Savova, Guergana" <Gu...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Jessica,

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
We've been generally following the C-T-R model [1]
http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#CommitThenReview
But feel free to discuss on dev@ whenever in doubt...

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#CommitThenReview

Posted by Jessica Glover <gl...@gmail.com>.